The Technology Director will work primarily with public sector clients in Cambria’s Southeast offices (Jackson, MS, Tallahassee, FL, and Atlanta, GA) with anticipated travel for pre-sales, sales and delivery efforts for client engagements in other states within the region. Primary responsibilities include delivery and oversight of technology solutions including frequent C-suite interactions with clients and partner organizations. The candidate should possess a strong track record of building applications and delivering IT solutions to solve clients’ business problems. Many of the projects we engage are at the forefront of government reforms and technology innovations including systems integration and modernizations, helping with digital transformations, agile approaches, human centered design, organizational alignment and agency integration.
The Technology Director is responsible for leading major segments of Cambria’s solution delivery, while working closely with our Executive Management to deliver the highest quality consulting services to our clients. Our Directors have a significant responsibility for delivering large, complex IT project engagements. Directors are also responsible for participating in business development activities and developing strong and lasting trusted advisor business relationships.
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for the successful delivery of assigned project(s) to our clients which includes in-depth, hands-on development of products and deliverables
- Manage, contain and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverable, finances and outcomes
- Provide quality control and project oversight for work performed by the delivery team
- Manage account(s) profitably
- Effectively engage with executive level clients in multiple, high pressure situations including dealing with ambiguity and making sound decisions
- Quickly gain command of complex subject matters, dive into details, and distill findings into a coherent and compelling story or roadmap for client adoption
- Play a key role in the retention, professional development and performance review of of both project-related and Regional staff, including the mentoring, coaching and recruiting
- Assist in human capital and infrastructure planning for the Region
- Ensuring adequate project resourcing and scheduling
- Manage a diverse group of professionals and personalities on large complex engagements by fostering a collaborative team culture
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence to appropriately guide thinking and behavior
- Display strong negotiation skills and the ability to effectively persuade others
- Implement our business development methodologies for evaluating strategic business opportunities and leading complex public sector proposals
- Build assigned client account(s) and support new client cultivation
- Develop and maintain strong network of public sector relationships and strategic partners to expand current projects and identify new business
- Extend your network of client and industry contacts to strengthen Cambria’s relationships in the market and provide avenues that generate additional opportunities
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- ???????Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working as a senior IT project manager leading information technology design, development, and implementation projects (at least four (4) full-life cycle implementations)
- Experience leading and delivering technology solutions, preferably using SAFe framework for medium to large enterprises that have multiple Agile Release Trains
- Experience delivering complex IT solutions utilizing modernized technology capability strategies in the areas of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Experience solutioning for enterprise approaches and transformations using modular and interoperable concepts with the consideration of public sector standards such as MITA principals, NIST standards or ITIL as examples.
- Experience with one or modern open source development frameworks and libraries such as Node.js, REACT, Angular, Rails, .NET core or low code frameworks such as force.com, Microsoft dynamics
- Experience with one or more modernization strategies such as strangler patterns using miroservice architectures
- Experience building technical capabilities within an organization and teams, as well as establishing partnerships with product vendors
- Experience delivering complex digital projects in an agile environment and implementing new approaches in government such as agile methods and human centered design.
- Current SAFe certification, or able to secure within three (3) months of hire
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
- Up to 100 % travel dependent on practice and geography of project assignment
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Experience growing and/or managing at least one account with multiple projects
- Experience growing and/or managing at least one practice area
- Current certification related to Scrum (e.g., Certified ScrumMaster® [CSM])
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: Scrum, XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
- Experience working on federal or state government technology projects
- Understanding and ability to work in a matrix organization structure
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Our focus is simple. Start with the right people, deliver solutions and provide consistent value that will impact our communities.
Interested in joining Cambria?
Please remit your resume and compensation requirements.
Cambria Solutions is an equal opportunity firm. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status and/or registered domestic partner status, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, childbirth, physical or mental disability, status as a disabled or Vietnam veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, ancestry, limited English proficiency, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.