Title: UX/UI Designer
Location: Jackson, MS
Job type: Full-Time
Founded in 2003, Cambria Solutions, Inc. (Cambria) is a national information technology and management consulting firm headquartered in Sacramento, California, with offices in Los Angeles, California; Olympia, Washington; Jackson, Mississippi; Washington, DC; Tallahassee, Florida; and Atlanta, Georgia.
Cambria builds custom-tailored solutions helping clients successfully deliver their most important projects and solve their most difficult challenges using ingenuity and a distinctly humanized approach, something we like to call HumanGenuity™.
Since its founding, the company has experienced double-digit growth nearly every year. Cambria has been recognized six times by Inc. Magazine as one of the nation's 5000 fastest growing private companies, most recently in 2015. Cambria was also selected in 2014 as one of Consulting Magazine’s “Seven Small Jewels.”
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, user researcher, or similar UX-related role
- Strong desire to create the best user experience across all viable interaction channels
- Excellent analytical skills
- Extensive experience in practical user research, information architecture, interaction design, and user-centered design process, as well as user experience principles and techniques
- Familiarity with user interface and interaction patterns for web
- 3+ years of experience working in a collaborative team and directly with developers, BAs data analysts, and stakeholders.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed when needed
- Solid written, verbal, and visual communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions
- An inquisitive mind with great intellectual curiosity
- A deep appreciation of craftsmanship and an exceptional eye for details
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, cognitive science, or other related disciplines
- An online portfolio (or work samples) demonstrating all above
- Experience with Agile
- Experience with large-scale or cloud-based products or Government projects
- A talent for diplomatic discussion: the ability to listen, convince and collaborate in a cross-functional environment
- Responsive web design
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Work as or work with a user researcher to coordinate research, analysis and synthesis, usability testing, communicate results, and incorporate them into design
- Effectively communicate, collaborate, and engage cross-functional teams and stakeholders to build consensus around experience architecture and interaction designs
- Create scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
- Facilitate user workshop, design brainstorming, and work sessions
- Develop and refine UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines
- Ensure high standards of usability, consistency and clarity in design and quality of deliverables
- Follow-through: keep watch of shipped product and iterate for improvements and customer delight
Our focus is simple. Start with the right people, deliver solutions and provide consistent value that will impact our communities.
Cambria Solutions is an equal opportunity firm. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status and/or registered domestic partner status, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, childbirth, physical or mental disability, status as a disabled or Vietnam veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, ancestry, limited English proficiency, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.