Title: Scrum Master
Location: Jackson, Mississippi
Job type: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Project Director/Technical Director
Founded in 2003, Cambria Solutions, Inc. (Cambria) is a national information technology and management consulting firm headquartered in Sacramento, California, with offices in Los Angeles, California; Olympia, Washington; Jackson, Mississippi; Washington, DC; Atlanta, Georgia; and Tallahassee, Florida.
Cambria builds custom-tailored solutions helping clients successfully deliver their most important projects and solve their most difficult challenges using ingenuity and a distinctly humanized approach, something we like to call HumanGenuity™.
Since its founding, the company has experienced double-digit growth nearly every year. Cambria has been recognized six times by Inc. Magazine as one of the nation's 5000 fastest-growing private companies, most recently in 2014. Cambria was also selected in 2014 as one of Consulting magazine’s “Seven Small Jewels.”
The Delivery Manager (Scrum Master) is primarily responsible for successful project delivery and product development within an agile environment. The Delivery Manager will work with project sponsors and other stakeholders in recommending and ensuring the correct agile frameworks and practices are followed on the project. Some training, coaching and mentoring of stakeholders and other project team members on various agile topics and practices may be required. The position is located in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Grow a trustful, highly collaborative relationship with all stakeholders: project sponsors, client leadership and team members.
- Identify project risks and issues; mitigate, solve or escalate proactively.
- Provide servant leadership to the Development (Scrum) Team elevating performance and maintaining commitment delivery.
- Execute agile training sessions for small groups on various topics upon request.
- Facilitate the creation and adoption of a Team Agreement to include Definition of Ready and Definition of Done. Update and maintain over time to reflect team growth and maturity.
- Actively advocate for the team; escalate issues, provide resources, and remove obstacles.
- Train, coach and mentor the Development (Scrum) Team through the agile development processes.
- Facilitate Sprint Planning meetings:
- Coach, mentor and assist Product Owner to accurately define Sprint Goals.
- Actively coach team through the selection of items from the Product Backlog to be included in the next sprint to meet the Sprint Goal.
- Coach team through Sprint Backlog story definition, articulation and elaboration (estimation, acceptance criteria, etc.).
- Facilitate Roadmap and Product Backlog
- Coach, mentor and assist Product Owner with the creation and maintenance of the Product Roadmap.
- Coach and mentor Product Owner with Epic, Feature and Story writing and User Acceptance Criteria.
- Participate in and coach team through Product Backlog Refinement processes.
- Coach Business Analysts, UI/UX design and other technical resources to contribute to process and story definition and elaboration.
- Facilitate Daily Stand Up/Scrum meetings.
- Attend and participate in the Sprint Review/Product Demo meetings.
- Facilitate Team Retrospective meetings.
- Coach team through continuous improvement activities informed by and through qualitative and quantitiative analysis of performance.
- Lead the team through goal setting and monitoring performance towards goal attainement.
- Monitor team performance by creating, maintaining and reporting on:
- Team velocity
- Burn-Up Chart
- Burn-Down Chart
- Other metrics as required
- Prepare and deliver status reports
- Coach and mentor the team how to set up and maintain a Scrum Board.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IS, IT, or relevant field plus 5 years relevant progressive experience.
- Agile certification (CSM, CSPO, SAFe SA, SAFe SPC etc.) required.
- At least two (2) years of full-time equivalent (FTE) experience in the role of a Scrum Master.
- At least three (3) years of FTE experience working with cross-functional teams on Agile technology projects.
- At least three (3) years of FTE experience doing business analysis.
- At least two (2) years of FTE experience with all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience DevOps tools and methods a plus.
- Ability to use JIRA is important.
Personal/Business Skills and qualities:
- Upbeat attitude
- Motivated, Self-starter
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Team player
Our focus is simple. Start with the right people, deliver solutions and provide consistent value that will impact our communities.
Cambria Solutions is an equal opportunity firm. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status and/or registered domestic partner status, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, childbirth, physical or mental disability, status as a disabled or Vietnam veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.