Title: Technical Director
Location: East Region
Job type: Full-Time
Founded in 2003, Cambria Solutions, Inc. (Cambria) is a national information technology and management consulting firm headquartered in Sacramento, California, with offices in Los Angeles, California; Olympia, Washington; Jackson, Mississippi; Washington, DC; Tallahassee, Florida; and Atlanta, Georgia.
Cambria builds custom-tailored solutions helping clients successfully deliver their most important projects and solve their most difficult challenges using ingenuity and a distinctly humanized approach, something we like to call HumanGenuity™.
- Technology Director will work primarily with public sector clients in Cambria’s East Region offices (currently Jackson, MS, Tallahassee, FL, and Atlanta, GA) with anticipated travel for pre-sales, sales and delivery efforts for client engagements in other states. Primary responsibilities include delivery and oversight of technology solutions including frequent C-suite interactions with clients and partner organizations. The candidate should possess a strong track record of delivering and leading complex IT solutions to solve clients’ business problems. Many of the projects we engage in are at the forefront of government reforms and technology innovations including helping with digital service transformations, agile approaches, human centered design, organizational alignment and services integration.
- Lead major segments of Cambria’s solution delivery and pre-sales positioning while working closely with our East Region executive leadership.
- Implement our business development methodologies in evaluating strategic business opportunities and leading technical components of complex public-sector proposals.
- Support our National Agile Practice by serving as the East Region’s Agile Lead for building out our agile capabilities, expanding our network of relationships, promoting Cambria’s brand awareness and thought leadership in Agile.
- Responsible for delivering large, complex IT project engagements as well as participate in business development activities for revenue generation, brand awareness.
- Build strong and lasting trusted advisor business relationships with clients and our partners.
- Assumes ultimate responsibility for the successful delivery of assigned project(s) to our clients which includes leading both strategic and tactical elements of project oversight.
- Manage, contain and deliver on client expectations around project activities, timelines, deliverable, finances and outcomes by having hands-on approach in overseeing the development of technical products and deliverables.
- Manage assigned account(s) profitably, with demonstrated experience in analyzing and reporting KPIs and financial metrics on an individual project and account basis.
- Effective C-suite interactions with government officials, politically appointed executives, and partners, with clear and convincing presentations and demonstrated experience dealing with ambiguity, making sound business decisions and exhibiting calm under high pressure situations.
- Quickly gain command of complex subject matters, dive into details, and distill findings into a coherent and compelling story, solutions roadmap, and/or prototype for client adoption.
- Play a key role in the recruitment, retention, professional development and performance review of both project-related and Regional technical staff.
- Assist in human capital and infrastructure planning for the East Region.
- Manage a diverse group of professionals and personalities on large complex engagements by fostering a collaborative team culture.
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence to appropriately guide thinking and behavior.
- Display strong negotiation skills and the ability to effectively persuade others.
Required Qualifications & Experiences
The following capabilities must be clearly demonstrated in resumes and additional evidence may be requested during the interview process:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working as a senior IT project manager leading information technology design, development, and implementation projects (at least two (2) full-life cycle implementations) for government clients (state or Federal).
- Hands on, demonstrated experience in SAFE or other Agile framework and in solutioning (for projects and in support of business development) for enterprise approaches and transformations using modular and interoperable concepts with the consideration of public sector standards such as MITA principals, NIST standards or ITIL as examples.
- Experience delivering complex IT solutions utilizing modernized technology capability strategies in the areas of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Experience leading technical solutions using modern technologies including modern open source development frameworks and libraries.
- Experience building technical capabilities within an organization and teams, as well as establishing partnerships with product vendors.
- Understanding and ability to work in a matrix organization structure.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University.
- Up to 100 % travel dependent on practice and geography of project assignment.
Desired Qualifications & Experiences:
- Experience managing and growing at least 1 account with multiple projects, having demonstrated results.
- Experience managing and growing a Practice area.
- Current certifications related to Agile Practices (e.g., Certified ScrumMaster® [CSM], SAFe certification).
- Knowledge of, or having worked in, the Health and Human Services market.
- Master’s Degree in related field.
Our focus is simple. Start with the right people, deliver solutions and provide consistent value that will impact our communities. Interested in joining Cambria? Please remit your resume and compensation requirements.
Cambria Solutions is an equal opportunity firm. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status and/or registered domestic partner status, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, childbirth, physical or mental disability, status as a disabled or Vietnam veteran, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, political affiliation, ancestry, limited English proficiency, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.